Jarrod Alan Souza, MBA
Financial and Operations Executive
experienced in a diverse range of business sectors including banking, energy, international business, and e-commerce. Highly skilled in financial analysis/modeling, budget preparation/forecasting, and cash flow analysis. Strong qualifications in developing and implementing controls and processes in addition to productivity improvements and change management. Possesses solid leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills to establish rapport with all levels of staff and management. Collaborative leader with proven success in streamlining and managing operations that drive growth, improve organizational efficiency and increase net revenue profits.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
Master of Business Administration
OKLAHOMA CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY, Oklahoma City, Ok
Finance, Project Management, 2012
Graduated Summa Cum Laude, Delta Mu Delta Business Honor Society
Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration (B.B.A.)
FRESNO PACIFIC UNIVERSITY, Fresno, Ca
- Church Plant – City of God Church in Edmond, OK
- Faster than the Pastor, battling human trafficking, 3 years, Director in OKC
- Bill Glass Prison Ministry, Participant
- City Rescue Mission, Volunteer
- Santa Cause, Volunteer
Chief Financial Officer
Michael Hyatt & Co – Franklin, Tn
2019 – Present
• Provide strategic financial oversight by partnering with the Executive leadership team on all strategic and operational issues as they arise to provide financial recommendations based on analysis and projections.
• Oversee the preparation of the Company’s monthly financial statements.
• Instill reporting and modeling to provide real-time visibility into the data to make quick and accurate decisions.
• Created forecasting models to develop strategic planning across departments for improved efficiencies and profitability.
• Saved the company over $750,000 in shipping expenses through analyzing the sales to the supply chain process.
• Transitioned to a new 3PL partner and negotiated shipping rates to decrease expenses and increase delivery rates.
• Orchestrated the creation of departmental budgets to provide visibility and accountability throughout the entire company.
• Lead the team through cash to accrual process, in only 3 months, meeting GAAP standards.
• In the process of consolidating all sales, marketing, operations, supply chain, and financial data into a data warehouse to analyze in a business intelligence environment.
• Partnering with our CMO to keep our ROAS and CPP ad expense within a profitable margin, but still, have the ability to scale our product line.
Chief Financial Officer
Golf Tailor – DC Office
2015 – 2018
• Direct operations including controllership, financial planning and analysis, sales reporting, international manufacturing, product development, quality control, inventory management, intellectual property management, and risk management.
• Oversee financial analyses and projections; create monthly sales reports; monitor cash flow, and facilitate insurance coverages including liability and health insurance; decreased liability insurance costs by 40% by working with current carriers.
• Managed product development functions through manufacturing facilities in China, Vietnam, and Taiwan; implement and manage quality control standards for company products; improved inventory delivery times by developing inventory run out tracking systems.
• Orchestrated corporate international Intellectual Property (IP) strategies to protect new product launches and ensure sustainable competitive advantage throughout the global marketplace.
• Significantly reduced organizational cost of goods sold by $2 million through initiating, developing and implementing relationships with overseas manufacturing facilities.
• Increased sales growth 36% from 2015 and 20% from 2016 by transitioning to new products.
• Diversified product revenue to achieve a balanced mixture of products, providing more stability.
Director of Operations and Finance
Eve Bit Sales, Inc. Oklahoma City, OK
2012 – 2015
• Managed all operational and financial functions for the company and its subsidiaries with a focus on streamlining operational processes and increasing profits through identification and analysis of key ventures and investment opportunities to diversify the business portfolio.
• Directed sales activities including management of the sales team; consistently analyzed cash flow, sales activities and operations to maintain 50% net income; achieved record sales volume in 2013 of $50 million in revenue.
• Significantly increased operational efficiencies through the development and implementation of multiple processes and programs including the company-wide automated invoice submission process, a real-time inventory tracking cell phone app, and a database tracking system.
• Oversaw all aspects of Eve Commercial Properties LLC subsidiary including management of operational and financial functions, supervision of cost, scope and rezoning for the Waukomis property development and successful negotiation of a lease at a 14.5% Cap Rate.
• Identified, secured and managed the Pizza Development Holdings LLC (Marco’s Pizza) investment opportunity; developed strategic plans and successfully launched 3 stores with progressive plans to open 16 locations; monitored cash flow and scope of construction projects; managed marketing and lease negotiations for all locations.
• Successfully secured the Dinosorb (oil spill absorbent product) investment opportunity to create additional sources of revenue with existing relations within the oil and gas industry; oversaw all aspects of company development including operations, finance, company branding, marketing, and product line.
Assistant Vice President – Business Banker
JPMorgan Chase – Oklahoma City, OK
2011 – 2012
• Actively managed a book of premier, high net worth clients to maintain and grow high-value relationships; increased quarterly profit by 34% over the previous year and grew premier clientele by 28% within 6 months; maintained OSAT score that exceeded corporate goals.
• Analyzed financial statements and recommended cash management solutions to effectively streamline cash flow of current and prospective business owners.
• Coached and mentored branch through internal communication to continuously identify customer needs and strengthen business relationships.
Inventory and Fleet Controller
MATHENA ENERGY INC. – El Reno, OK
2008 – 2011
• Managed and tracked fixed asset costs of newly manufactured equipment; developed an Excel system to automatically analyze production costs of fixed assets.
• Analyzed itemized costs and negotiated rates of raw materials to ensure the production of new equipment remained within the long term forecast.
• Created and maintained DOT program to exceed Federal regulation within the logistics department; tracked costs of the fleet program and created a system to optimally liquidate assets; elevated rating status from Conditional to Satisfactory.
• Reduced operating costs of new equipment by streamlining ordering and tracking processes.
Founder / Publisher
HOMETOWN VALUES MAGAZINE – Fresno, CA
2004 – 2008
• Developed and launched a successful community magazine to stimulate local small business marketing efforts by providing direct mail marketing and community information.
• Managed all aspects of the business including operations, financial functions, sales, new business development, customer relationship management (CRM), vendor relations, production of magazine and subscription marketing.
• Consistently managed and analyzed financial functions to ensure profitability including budgeting of cash flow, analysis of operating costs and analysis of sales potential statistics.
• Successfully expanded territory reach by 400%, achieved profit by second published edition and maintained 90% client retention for each publication.
Expert Project Management Coordinator
DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION – Fresno, CA
1999 – 2004
• Prepared and created project work plans within XPM; monitored cost, scope, and budget of capital outlay projects; monitored over $2 million worth of resources for Project Management.
• Served as Budget Analyst; managed and tracked project budget costs, prepared budgetary documents and reviewed contract expenditures.